How To Grow Plants Using Pallets – Super Easy Instructions
Most exciting part about Grow Plants Using Pallets project for me is I get to do my two favorite things…Build w/pallets and garden all at once!
Build Your Own Recycled Plant Stand!
Photo Courtesy of The Inspired Room (my picture coming soon, still planting)
- Once you choose your pallet, decide how many rows you want, take out a few slats so there is enough room to see your plants when standing up. Make sure there is enough room for you to plant your flowers also.
- Add a bottom slats to each row if you are using it to hold your pots or planting directly into the pallet by drilling drainage holes. See picture below.
- Paint your pallet any color you desire. You can spray paint or paint with a brush but make sure to seal it before adding plastic/fabric. I didn’t sand my pallet, I like the worn look especially considering it will be outside.
- Add gardening plastic or landscape fabric using a staple gun to the back and line each row you are going to have dirt in.
- Add wheels to the bottom if you want to be able to move the plant stand around during the summer.
- Add Soil and Plant! Just that simple. You will want to water your plants really well after planting.