These flaming rock bowls pictured above are actually a product that Restoration Hardware used to sell. Although they’re no longer available, knowing RH, I’m sure they weren’t cheap.
Enter ManMade, who got all fancy with the concrete. What a great Outdoor Patio Idea – DIY Fire Bowl. All the materials only cost about $40!
Tools and Materials:
- Concrete mix
- One extra-large bowl for exterior mold (ours was 17″ diameter)
- One large bowl for interior mold (ours was 15″ diameter)
- Non-stick cooking spray, or vegetable oil and paint brush
- Large bucket for mixing
- Medium-duty masonry trowel
- Proper safety gear for working with concrete:
- Heavy objects such as exercise weights (or you can use the rocks below)
- Sandpaper or sanding pad in coarse and fine grits
- Gel fireplace fuel canisters
- Replacement grill grate (ours was 14 1/2″ diameter)
- Fire safe decorative stones
Click on over to http://www.manmadediy.com/users/chris/posts/2618-how-to-make-a-diy-modern-concrete-fire-pit-from-scratch for the rest of the instructions! This Outdoor Patio Idea – DIY Fire Bowl is super easy!